Prior to receiving your device, you will need to complete several online forms including a student responsibility form, a parent responsibility form, a student acceptable use policy, a device monitoring acknowledgment, and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) form. The forms and payment must be submitted prior to your device pick up.
Technology Use Fees
Hopewell Area School District annual tech fee is a non-refundable fee. The fee is NOT a deposit or insurance. The fees help cover cost of wear and tear repair and replacements. The annual fee amounts below based off number of students per household in the district.
# of Students
$25 Per Student
$25 x 1 = $25 Total
$15 Per Student
$15 x 1 = $15 Total
$22.50 Per Student
$22.50 x 2 = $45 Total
$12.50 Per Student
$12.50 x 2 = $25 Total
$20 Per Student
$20 x 3 = $60 Total
$10 Per Student
$10 x 3 = $30 Total
$15 Per Student
$15 x 4 = $60 Total
$15 x 5 = $75 Total
$5 Per Student
$5 x 4 = $20 Total
$5 x 5 = $25 Total
This annual fee does NOT cover devices that are lost or stolen
- Students will receive a Device and OEM or 3rd Party approved charger cable
- Student are expected to return the same pieces of equipment they receive
- If alternative pieces of equipment are returned, they will be treated as lost or stolen.
This annual fee does NOT cover damages outside of normal wear and tear
Examples of damages COVERED
- Key stops working
- Screen has dark spots
- Any peripheral ports stop working
- Charger cables fraying
Examples of damages NOT COVERED
- Broken/Cracked screens
- Devices broken off in headphone/USB ports
- Bezel/Case damages
- Charger cables chewed on, torn apart, etc
Viking Connect Devices
The District is equipped to provide uniform devices to every student so that learning can be accessed at home and at school. While parents may have devices at home, we would encourage you to participate in the Viking Connect initiative. Should you choose to opt out of this program, please contact your school principal.
Why opting out is discouraged:
A parent/guardian may choose to decline a 1:1 device for their child(ren) ONLY if they decide to provide a personally purchased device to their student.
DEVICES NOT OWNED BY THE DISTRICT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON SCHOOL’S WIRED/WIRELESS NETWORK UNLESS PERMISSION IS GIVEN BY THE TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
An important consideration: Should your child opt-out and choose to use a personally owned device instead, please understand that software (apps) purchased by the District may not be available or distributed to personally owned devices.
- Students using personally owned devices are responsible for providing internet via a hotspot or other telecommunication relay device to their devices while on school district property. Their devices will not be allowed on the network at any time.
- Students who opt-out will not receive technical support of any kind for any personally owned devices. It will be the responsibility of the parent/guardian & student to ensure the device is working properly and effectively every day. Failure to ensure the device is operating adequately may be viewed as though the student is not prepared for class.
- Students who opt-out will be prohibited from using any District-owned PC, Chromebook or iPad. Normally, those enrolled in the 1:1 program have the benefit of having access to loaner devices should they encounter issues or forget their device at home. This will not be the case for those who opt-out.
- Students using personally owned devices are responsible to purchase any software/apps required for a class. The District will purchase software/apps for District owned devices only. Software/apps may be required at any time without notice.